September 12, 2014

Lox Rocks! (I know - lame title)

Recently I mentioned that I was making a bigger effort to change and improve some of my eating habits. Not that I used to eat particularly badly, but rather that I really only ate from one cuisine - Mexican. My diet was predominantly Mexican based dishes that (to be honest) were delicious! But as someone who loves food and wants to get in shape I decided I needed to round out my diet just a bit.

Overall, it's been a fun and delicious journey. I eat a full breakfast with a smoothy most mornings and have found some awesome new sandwiches and salads that I can whip up for lunch. Today I wanted to share one of my favorites:



The Open-faced Lox sandwich! Alright this is not me reinventing the wheel - it's a classic but a goodie, and this has been my recent take on it:

Per the classic Lox on a Bagel, my open faced sandwich includes Cream Cheese (I use the Chive Whipped Cream Cheese by Philadelphia), Tomatoes, Red Onions, Lox, fresh cracked Pepper and Seasoning Salt all laid out carefully on Sourdough Toast. To note, this is a messy meal since the toast  is crunchy but I really like that added layer of texture so I feel like it's worth it.


Plus this sandwich is not only delicious and filling but the Lox provide you with a great helping of Omega-3 Fatty Acids which can help with heart health and weight loss!

Let me know if you recreate this and love it (or hate it) or if you have any fun additions or alterations that you enjoy with your lox!

Oh, and have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!