September 05, 2014

Month in Review: August 2014


First things first - this post is a bit late, to be honest I just wasn't prepared for this month to be over. Though to be honest, I don't think I could be more excited for the weather to cool down and to get started on all things FALL!

Some exciting things that happened this month:
- I started up some a new grocery shopping and eating habits that have been super fun - just trying new things and eating healthier (more on all of this to be shared in the coming weeks)
- Along with my half-marathon training I've been on a couple new running routes around my neighborhood and I stumbled upon Mt. Auburn Cemetery which is one of the most beautiful spaces I've seen - it's huge and filled with amazing natural elements. I can't wait to make more trips through. (This months image is actually from the tower there which features an amazing view of Boston)
- The most amazing iPhone email application, Mailbox released their beta version for Mac - super nerdy but I'm unbelievably stoked about this release. Mailbox has been a saving grace for organizing my email, both by folder but also with their "remind me later" feature where you can have any email you want filed away only to pop back into your mailbox at your convenience whether it be later that day, next week or a month from now. You can download the iPhone version here (and I highly suggest that you do).

New discoveries this month:
- I just bought a new Roku (a streaming service for your TV that allows you to watch such apps as Netflix, HBO Go and Hulu Plus all with only your internet service). Still deciding how I feel about it, especially in comparison to the Apple TV but so far it has a couple awesome features that Apple was lacking that seem to be nice. I'll have to feature my final feelings in a post soon.
- Duolingo. This is an AMAZING website that offers free language education in a fun and easy to follow format that actually works! I've been having so much fun studying and learning Spanish! Just make sure you practice every day if you want to make significant progress!!
- The House of Earnest - I've actually read this blog off and on in the past but recently rediscovered how awesome it is. With all the beautiful step by step DIYs and incredible home interior inspiration I can't stop reading.

What to look forward to on Muneshine Moments:
- All things FALL!! Be it all the fun excursions I have planned (apple picking, pumpkin carving, etc), the fun recipes I can't wait to try and share (hot cocoa, pumpkin bread, apple pie), and the awesome DIY decorations I plan on featuring, it's going to be an action packed season here on Muneshine!

Hope you all had an awesome summer and enjoyed hearing about mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!