September 30, 2014

Running a Half Marathon

Well guys, I did it- I ran a half marathon, 13.1 miles. And I have to tell you, it was a huge mix of emotions. But overall, it was an incredible experience and something that I think I will definitely want to do again.

Going in it felt like I had all the odds stacked against me - I had fallen on a training run a week ago and my scrapped knees were still pretty painful and bandaged up and then on the Sunday prior to my run I came down with an intensely exhausting cold. Needless to say I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked but nonetheless the run went really well! I was able to actually run the first 11 miles before hitting a wall and questioning my sanity and will to live. But crossing the finish line was out of this world. 

Because the run we did (the Hampton Marathon & Half) was so small they had an announcer at the finish line who was actually able to call out everyone's names as they crossed and some fun facts like whether it was a runners first time doing a Half or Full Marathon. This little touch just made it all the more special to finish. 

Ultimately, I can't believe it's over and that I did it. Enjoy some pictures from the event and the weekend below and get out there and run! 

The top is our Ferry Ride to the Hamptons, then a cute decorative doorway in downtown Southampton
and finally me and the man after we finished!!


2 comments:

Comment here!