October 27, 2014

DIY Fall Decor: The Ghost Frame

After a long weekend of celebrating I decided to keep it simple today and share with you one of my Halloween DIY decor items that I made last year. It's one of those pieces that was SO easy to make and yet I get compliments on it all the time.

So without any further ado allow me to introduce you to the Ghost Frame:



Like I said before - this was the easiest thing to make and would look super cute on a fireplace mantel... alas if only I had one. 

I bought the frame at the Goodwill and when I got home I just removed the image and backing that came with it and secured the glass to the frame - in some cases this may require hot glueing but with mine you can see the little tabs just closed around the glass. 

Then I got a large piece of white construction paper and drew out a ghost shape - I liked these ones with wing-like arms because they added a little more character and body to the shapes. Then I lay the shapes out on the frame deciding which direction I wanted each of them to face before drawing the three small black dots to create their tiny and adorable screaming faces. 

Then I glued the ghosts to the FRONT of the glass - I felt like this helped to create the "box frame" look and creates an eerie shadow behind the ghosts. This also eliminated my need for fancy sure-fire clear glue allowing me to use just my standard hot glue gun.

And Voila! Done. Like I said super easy and creates a fun impact on your decor!

Obviously the same strategy could be used for loads of shapes too and I'm sure this one would look super cool on a painted wall (but alas I rent). So to all you DIYers let me know if you try it out! I'd love to see some other versions!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!