October 24, 2014

Bread Baking: Pt 1 - The Inspiration

Last month in the October issue of Food Network Magazine they did a piece on "50 Different Bread Recipes" and it got me curious. In the past I've never been a huge specialty bread fan but I do LOVE my mom's chocolate chip banana bread and have always enjoyed a good piece of sweet dessert bread. Plus fall seems like a good time of year to get into the bread spirit. The question then of course is which one to try.



Honestly all 50 varieties sound incredible but I think I've narrowed it down to trying either the Pear Hazelnut, the Chocolate Stout, the Earl Grey, or one of the savory varieties such as the Spinach-Goat Cheese or the JalepeƱo-Corn.

Needless to say if you're in the spirit of baking bread you should definitely pick up an issue of Food Network- in fact if you like being in your kitchen at all you should pick up an issue - it is by far one of the best magazines out there.

I think I'm going to try to bake a loaf this weekend or next week and I will be sure to let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!