November 06, 2014

Bread Baking: Part 2 - The Execution


So a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to you all that Food Network magazine had featured a "50 Quick Breads" article and that I was looking forward to trying a recipe or two. Well ladies and gents, I finally tested out my first one last week.

Considering it was more or less my first time making one of these breads I followed the recipe verbatim but I look forward to playing around with it a little more next time. I started with the Earl Gray Vanilla bread which I highly suggest. It was the perfect day to make bread too because it was a rainy day and for whatever reason I always love homemade treats of this variety when it's storming out. Since I had work the same day I brought the loaf in and my coworkers were truthfully impressed so I felt like the whole experience was quite the success.

I think the added honey Earl Gray drizzle they suggest you make to put on the freshly cooked bread makes a huge difference - I drizzled as soon as the bread came out of the oven but then didn't actually serve the bread until it was cooled.

Now bake away my friends!


P.S. While I was able to set this post to go up while I am out of the country I sadly did not have things together for any more - I will not have posts going up at all next week but I promise I will resume posting on my return to the country the following week! Until then! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!