August 09, 2014

Barry's Bootcamp

Image from BarrysBootcamp.com
To start off - I apologize for this post not being up on schedule yesterday - lets blame technical difficulties and not my forgetfulness ;p

I did want to share though that this week I went to my first Barrry's Boot Camp class and surprisingly I've lived to write about it! It was an awesome and super fun class and I loved how it was broken up into short intervals so I always felt like I should and could push myself just a little bit harder because before long I'd be switching activities.

The class in particular that I wen to was a legs & butt class which I think was a great starting class since my legs are by far my strongest muscles due to the running and working on my feet all day - my butt on the other hand.... Needless to say in the days after my class, stairs, and the act of going from sitting to standing or vice versa were my worst enemies.

Additionally, the Boston Barry's Studio was super nice and big with clean locker rooms and showers and even a protein smoothie bar in the lobby! The staff were all super friendly and helpful and my instructor, Derek was awesome - he continually checked in with every class member and in particular the newbs - to be sure we were ok (and not dead).

Overall, it was a tough and sweaty work out but totally doable and not nearly as intimidating as I had expected. Considering, I bought a package of 5 classes I'm looking forward to going back but based on price I have yet to decide if I'll keep it up after that.

What do you guys think? Have any of you been to a class? Do you think the work outs are worth the money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!