August 25, 2014

State Pride

When I was 18 the only place on the East Coast I had any interest in living was New York, then I spent five years living there and never felt like it was "my state." Now just one year into living in Massachusetts and I feel like I'm at home. I know there are tons of reasons why this is but frankly I don't care too much about the reasons, just the fact that it's true.

Of course the only downside is now when I see all the fun new "I love my state" products - I have no idea which ones I want to get! The state I grew up in or the state I live in - since now I have two places I'm proud and happy to call home (not really such a downside after all).

1 & 4 Vestiges $15.00 // 2 & 3 The Home T $30.00 & $28.00 // 5 Teespring $39.95
I love each of these pieces so much - the adorable Vestiges Tea Towels which would actually be cute to have in a variety of states - maybe one of each state you've visited making for a great conversation starter with guests. I also love the shirts just to rep some state pride perhaps at a lazy hungover Sunday brunch.

As for the sweatshirt, unlike the other's this doesn't come in every state and is obviously VERY specific to my case (and apparently a few others) in fact you can't even purchase the sweater any more as they were only available for a limited time but if enough of us sign up saying we want the design available again then they'll reopen it for purchase - so all those CA girls living in an MA world sign up now!

So ya'll what do you think? Do you feel a pride for the state you live in? The state you grew up in? Both? Neither?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!