May 19, 2014

Memorial Day/Summer Decor

From Better Homes & Gardens

Growing up, my mom did a lot of holiday decorating around our house. Whether it be for some of the more traditional holidays such as Easter, Christmas or Halloween or some of the more obscure, such as Memorial Day or Saint Patrick's Day there were always a TON the house was always covered. As a result, I've never felt that a house could truly be a home until there were an abundance of holiday decorations. And now, for the first time ever I live in an apartment that I can decorate galore!

So I have to admit that the prospect of decorating for Summer and more specifically Memorial Day has got me VERY excited. I can't wait to stock up on some RW&B decor and get them around the house - and the best part is that these decorations can stay up through the entire summer (I mean Red, White and Blue just screams sunshine and fun) plus after Memorial Day, Independence Day is right around the corner and then Labor Day (and really nothing in between) so it only makes sense to leave 'em all out!

While I still have a shopping list 100 feet long there are a few staples I know I'll be putting out ASAP such as a homemade wreath (which I'll have to feature on here soon), american flags EVERYWHERE, and we're definitely buying a grill and some tiki torches for our patio.

What do you think?  Do you decorate for Memorial Day? Any must have Memorial decorations you suggest?

xo 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!